A Time For Everything

I guess you could say it appears as though today has been a typically mundane day. I got up and made it to work on time, listening to a morning show on the radio as I drove in. Patrick Swayze died, and Kanye West is still apologizing to anyone that will listen or actually believe him. Methinks that somehow the incident with Taylor Swift was fabricated either to add to his popularity or for the network’s benefit. Either way it apparently worked as not only are the airwaves buzzing, but the gospel of the water cooler has been going pretty strong as well.

The coffee at work this morning amazingly hit a new low, barely passing off as a drinkable beverage. We have had a generous uptick in business during recent weeks which has brought about a protracted sigh of relief from everyone in the office, and has served to alleviate our employment concerns somewhat. It is good to have a job these days and I am thankful for it. I have so many people depending on me each month; GMC, Wells Fargo, Visa, Wal-Mart, and most of all the ‘Feddle Gub-munt’.

Oh, and I also happen to find myself burnt-out on Facebook, if that can be imagined. I still go on-line when I get home in the evenings to check my Mafia and tend to my Farm, but there is no sense of urgency as was the case only a few short weeks ago. It’s funny how that works out - and just in time, too. Football season has started and NASCAR has entered the Chase stage, while Survivor and The Biggest Loser will start their new seasons within a few days. So long, Facebook, we hardly knew you. It is time for me to lose myself in other things.

Like pheasant-hunting in Alabama next week.

Summer is fading away with fall quickly approaching, and the air has a small hint of the ominous winter that is lurking just over the horizon. I actually love this time of year, the twilight days of Indian summer between September and October always bring back fond memories for me of days gone by. Thoughts of County Fairs and hauling hay when I was a teenager, and playing football or hunting squirrels return to me in the same manner as the love-bug swarms we’ve all grown accustomed to.

I’m rambling tonight, much like that old song Linda Ronstadt crooned back in her day. I’m obliged to do that once in a while. There is a time for everything; Patrick Swayze and Kanye West, coffee and Taylor Swift, and new business with the bills that come along with it. There is a time for Facebook, and a time to stop doing Facebook. There is a time for planning hunting trips, for seasons, and a time for memories. As I have proven, at least to myself, there is also a time to ramble-on inconsequentially. The ‘Preacher’ of Ecclesiastes was right on the money; God’s Word is always perfect for whatever thoughts might happen to be on your mind.

“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.” Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

I can’t add anything to this. Yes, it sums up my day much better than I, with my own feeble attempt at words, will ever be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment