Routine Housekeeping

Just some housekeeping chores today…

I hope you read the last four posts and contemplated on them – they may be the most important posts I'll ever blog. You see, without salvation through Jesus Christ, the rest of life makes no sense at all. The rest of the words you read here will be empty and pointless. Trust me on this.

Hunter-Bear turned fourteen years old. And my grand-daughter, Parker, had her first birthday over the weekend. “Time counts, and keeps counting.”

Did you see the Saints game yesterday? Wow. Beyond description - that one was.

We started a new quarter in Sunday School and our literature/books were late so I had to ‘wing it’ yesterday morning in class. The Holy Spirit had my back and even I learned a thing or two during the lesson. It’s funny how it always seems to work out that way. After church, the class met and discussed with the rest of the youth in the church our plans on caroling and giving out fruit baskets to the elderly. If you are out there reading and a member of the class, we need you to help in any way possible. Blessings are obtainable for those who do!

I think it's pretty neat that my current computer password works out in such a manner that the letter/symbol/number combination I type is in the shape of a cross - and I didn't intend or plan it to be that way. How cool is that?

Christmas parade in Picayune tonight. My truck is located specifically where my wife wanted it parked, although not exactly. But it is within a quarter of a mile of her instructed location. If it rains and the parade is cancelled I will have a long walk from work to retrieve the vehicle, anyway.

I signed two copies of Fast Asleep last night for a lady who purchased them for her sons as Christmas presents. I appreciated the purchase and always feel humbled when I sign one of my books for someone else. I appreciate even more the emails I receive from readers telling me how they liked or disliked the novel, and most of all when they ask questions about the characters in the story. It makes me feel like they ended up caring for each fictional person in the book as much as I did when I penned it.

I hope to be back to my regular posts in the morning, but today I have so many things going on that this is the best I can do at the moment. Let me leave you with this:

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

That’s good stuff!

Playing in a rare McNeill snowfall

No comments:

Post a Comment