When We Bow

Hmm. Where do I start today? It has been a busy week for me and I have a lot going on. I neglected my blog yesterday and planned to do so today as well. I am knee-deep in another book/story and I have reached a tough pause in the plot. Some might call it ‘writer’s block’ but I call it simply being too busy with the things in this life to concentrate in that area. Either way, it is what it is…

I haven’t read too many news articles this week, (told you I was busy!) but I did see it reported amid a lot of turmoil and wasted ink that our President recently bowed to the Emperor of Japan. He did the same thing a few months back to the King of the Saudis. Now personally, it does not bother me in the least and I’m sure he did so not out of obeisance, but out of respect or whatever. Their cultures are different than ours and I understand the concept. When in Rome, etc. Or maybe he just has a spasmodic back problem that hits him at the wrong times.

What I do take away from the reports is how conservatives are upset again, and it appears to be yet one more of the many current signs that the apocalypse is upon us, to hear them tell or report it. I’m a conservative (duh) and I know where they are coming from – but I’m not interested in something that makes no difference at this point. I’m a lot more chagrined by the liberal side of the fence and their stance on the subject.

You see, on their side of the debate it is well and good for our President to bow in the presence of the ruler of another country and they are staunchly defending him for his actions. After all, the U.S. needs to show a little humility - what with all the things we tried to force on the world back during the evil Bush administration. I’m being sarcastic, but I’m not. And where is that sarcasm font when you need it! It is good for our political stance; they appear to feel, to declare our country weaker on the world stage and more willing to compromise in order to get along with everyone in the Global Community. So they say bow, Mr. President, show humility, and we support you one-hundred and ten percent!

Those same enlightened liberals would choke and blow a head-gasket if the President of the United States bowed in a church and offered a prayer in humility to the Most High. I find that ironic. Or moronic.

But you know, there is a day coming when we will all bow to the King of Kings. Not just the President, but all of us - liberal and conservative, Democrat, Republican, Independent, agnostic, and even atheist. Paul reminds us in Philippians chapter 2: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

I don’t know how that is going to play out. I only know that it will one day. Will those that do not believe require coercion to bow to the Savior at that moment? I doubt it. I believe that this veil of darkness that covers us will be removed, and we will recognize Him as we should have known Him all along. At that very moment in time we will all realize who He is and we will have no choice or alternative other than to bow and show obeisance to Him. Our own hearts will compel us to do so. But for many of us, by then it will be simply too late to accept Him into our hearts.

If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to take care of that situation today and not put off salvation any longer. By simply choosing to accept Him into your heart, that Day of Judgment that appears to be just over the horizon will come to you as a blessed event; something to look forward to and not a time of foreboding and doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment